Our Dual Control Teaching Scissors have been developed under consultation with Occupational Therapists to assist the child who:
Has poor visuomotor co-ordination
Lacks the strength to complete the cutting action
Has a tremor and cannot place the scissors at a given starting point
Has poor background/foreground differentiation.
Also ideal for use in Early Years settings to teach the opening/closing action of scissor skills.
The child uses the loops furthest from the blade, whilst the adult places their fingers over the child’s hand and through the loops nearest the blade to assist with placement, guidance and strength.
OTs recommend for:
- Introducing young children to scissor use
- Supporting children unable to hold the scissors independently
- Demonstrating scissor use to children who find it difficult to follow instructions
- Encouraging bilateral hand use
- Reduced grip strength and motor control
- Supporting children with a visual impairment or a tremor
- Developing confidence in reluctant scissor users
Mastering scissor skills can help with overall manual dexterity therefore helping with independence skills such as dressing which can lead to greater self-confidence.
|Dimensions||Child Size 45 mm Rounded Blade|
|Features||Left and Right Handed Versions Available|