Dual Control Teaching Scissors
- Double loop handles - Allows therapist/teacher and child to simultaneously complete the cutting action
- Wide finger contact area - Ensures a comfortable grip which can be maintained throughout use
- Colour coded handles - Easily identify correct pair to use : Blue handles = Right Hand, Green handles = Left Hand
- High quality stainless steel blade Provides longevity and cuts through paper with ease
- CHILD SIZE = 45mm rounded end
|Dual Control Teaching Scissors-LEFT Handed Green Handles||1|
|Dual Control Teaching Scissors-RIGHT Handed BLUE Handles||4|
Availability: In stock
Our Dual Control Teaching Scissors have been developed under consultation with Occupational Therapists to assist the child who:
Has poor visuomotor co-ordination
Lacks the strength to complete the cutting action
Has a tremor and cannot place the scissors at a given starting point
Has poor background/foreground differentiation.
Also ideal for use in Early Years settings to teach the opening/closing action of scissor skills.
The child uses the loops furthest from the blade, whilst the adult places their fingers over the child’s hand and through the loops nearest the blade to assist with placement, guidance and strength.
OTs recommend for:
- Introducing young children to scissor use
- Supporting children unable to hold the scissors independently
- Demonstrating scissor use to children who find it difficult to follow instructions
- Encouraging bilateral hand use
- Reduced grip strength and motor control
- Supporting children with a visual impairment or a tremor
- Developing confidence in reluctant scissor users
Mastering scissor skills can help with overall manual dexterity therefore helping with independence skills such as dressing which can lead to greater self-confidence.
|Dimensions||Child Size 45 mm Rounded Blade|
|Features||Left and Right Handed Versions Available|
Shipping & Delivery
The tink 'n' stink team understands that you are eager to recieve your items safely and promptly as soon as possible after plaing your order. To make sure we do this promptly our shipping policy is based on the idea that you as our customer decides a) how long it takes for your item to reach you and b) how much you would like to pay for the service. Here is a brief summary of your choices:
FREE DELIVERY: we operate a free postage and packing service for all orders over £30. This is great value if there are a number of items you'd like to order in one transaction.This can take 3 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep.
Royal Mail: you are able to pay the current Royal Mail Tarrif to choose from 1st or 2nd Class Packages. The price you pay is determined by the weight and size of your item or items. Your order will take 1 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep depending on the service you choose. You can obtain a postage estimate by adding items to your basket and then using the 'my cart' link at the top of the page. Simply type in your post code and we'll work out how much it will cost to physcially deliver the package to your door.
Special Delivery: you are able to pay for Next day and / or tracked delivery services if your order is needed urgently.
International Delivery: we have the experience and ability to ship our products around the world. Please add the products to your cart and use the esitmate shipping box to obtain a postage price. We will either use Royal Mail's international shipping services or a courier depending on what service gives you the best value for money.
All of these options are made available during the checkout process. If you would like a clear idea of the delivery cost before you enter this stage you are able to visit your basket and enter your delivery post code. We will then tell you what services are available and at what cost to you.
Returns & Replacements
We recognise that on occasions you may want to return your goods after you have recieved them. This is absoutely fine. All we ask is that you is adhere to the following guidelines in order to make the return process really easy for you to do:
1. In the first instance, please contact us via telephone 01827 767120 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we are aware of your request to send something back.
2. Check to make sure that the item has not been altered in any way as we can only accept items that are unused, unopened and undamaged.
3. Complete the returns form which can be found at the bottom of the dispatch note that was enclosed in the envelope with your item. Indicate clearly why you are returing the item.
4. Post your item back to us within 14 days from when your order was dispatched. You can find this date on your 'shipping confirmation' email. Unless an error has been made on our part, we will be unable to refund the return postage you will have paid.
5. Once we have recieved the item, we will ofer you an exchange or full refund in accordance with the item condition and your wishes.