- Made in the USA out of medical grade quality, FDA compliant materials
- NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Recommended for ages approximately 2.5 years and up (depending on the mouth size)
- For children under 2.5 years, check out ARK's proMini.
This oral motor probe is a very useful tool for professional use by speech therapists to develop tactile awareness, input and sensation. Parents can also use it at home to help children transition through different feeding stages as it helps introduce texture in a safe way.
Availability: In stock
Ark's Oral Motor Probe™
Designed by speech-language pathologist Debra C. Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP, ARK's Oral Motor Probe™ is an excellent tool for oral motor treatment and sensory development. It has a rectangular tip that is bumpy on one side, striated on the other, and smooth along the edges. These textured surfaces provide tactile input, awareness, and sensation. Use it to stimulate the gums, palate, lips, cheek, and tongue by tapping, stroking, and applying gentle pressure.
Technical and safety information
ARK's Probe was specifically designed with safety in mind. The handle is made out of a hard, medical grade plastic. Then the same soft, medical grade material as the Grabber® is molded through and around a loop in at the end of the handle so that the tip will NOT fall off. At less than 5 inches in length, they’re super lightweight, compact, and portable. Ideal for oral motor exercises, gum massage, and sensory stimulation whether you’re at home, in therapy, or anywhere in between.
Suggested uses for professionals and parents
These orla tools are perfect for any speech therapist to introduce targeted tactile cues within the oral cavity to teach tongue elevation, lip closure, rotary chewing, and much more.
Parents can also use them at home when babies and toddlers are struggling with the transition of pureed foods to more textured foods. The oral probe can be used as a dipper spoon which helps introduce texture and different tastes. It's dishwasher friendly so easy to clean after each use.
|Dimensions||Less than 5 inches in length|
Shipping & Delivery
The tink 'n' stink team understands that you are eager to recieve your items safely and promptly as soon as possible after plaing your order. To make sure we do this promptly our shipping policy is based on the idea that you as our customer decides a) how long it takes for your item to reach you and b) how much you would like to pay for the service. Here is a brief summary of your choices:
FREE DELIVERY: we operate a free postage and packing service for all orders over £30. This is great value if there are a number of items you'd like to order in one transaction.This can take 3 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep.
Royal Mail: you are able to pay the current Royal Mail Tarrif to choose from 1st or 2nd Class Packages. The price you pay is determined by the weight and size of your item or items. Your order will take 1 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep depending on the service you choose. You can obtain a postage estimate by adding items to your basket and then using the 'my cart' link at the top of the page. Simply type in your post code and we'll work out how much it will cost to physcially deliver the package to your door.
Special Delivery: you are able to pay for Next day and / or tracked delivery services if your order is needed urgently.
International Delivery: we have the experience and ability to ship our products around the world. Please add the products to your cart and use the esitmate shipping box to obtain a postage price. We will either use Royal Mail's international shipping services or a courier depending on what service gives you the best value for money.
All of these options are made available during the checkout process. If you would like a clear idea of the delivery cost before you enter this stage you are able to visit your basket and enter your delivery post code. We will then tell you what services are available and at what cost to you.
Returns & Replacements
We recognise that on occasions you may want to return your goods after you have recieved them. This is absoutely fine. All we ask is that you is adhere to the following guidelines in order to make the return process really easy for you to do:
1. In the first instance, please contact us via telephone 01827 767120 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we are aware of your request to send something back.
2. Check to make sure that the item has not been altered in any way as we can only accept items that are unused, unopened and undamaged.
3. Complete the returns form which can be found at the bottom of the dispatch note that was enclosed in the envelope with your item. Indicate clearly why you are returing the item.
4. Post your item back to us within 14 days from when your order was dispatched. You can find this date on your 'shipping confirmation' email. Unless an error has been made on our part, we will be unable to refund the return postage you will have paid.
5. Once we have recieved the item, we will ofer you an exchange or full refund in accordance with the item condition and your wishes.