Jump Beans are transparent liquid motion showers. Each timer has its own vibrant colour (green, yellow, blue and red). Your child turns them upside down and then the shower of oil droplets as they tumble and fall to the bottom.
The action of the liquid motion can stimulate talk on the passing of time whilst acting as a visual sensory aid. This sensory activity is praised as a fun and stimulating early years resource for younger children. They have been know to truly captivate and mesmorise children.
Covers the following areas of the EYFS & KS1 National Curriculum
- EYFS Personal, Social & Emotional Development : Self-confidence & self-awareness, Managing feelings & behaviour
- EYFS Communication & Language: Listening & attention, Speaking
- EYFS Physical Development : Moving & handling
- EYFS Mathematics: Shape, space & measure
- EYFS Understanding the World : The World
- EYFS Expressive Arts & Design: Exploring & using media & materials
- KS1 Personal & Social Development
- KS1 Science
Supports quality provision using ITERS and ECERS
- ITERS-R: 15. Activities: Fine motor
- ITERS-R: 17. Art
- ITERS-R: 22. Activities: Nature/ Science
- ECERS-R/E: Language & Reasoning, Activities, Science & Environment, Mathematics, Provisions for children with disabilities, Diversity
Size: 135 x 70mm.
Advisory note: Liquid timers are filled with mineral oil, please take care as staining may occur if broken which in many cases can be removed with detergent and water. We recommend placing on a coaster or mat as a precaution. Do not let anyone regardless of age wonder around with one in their hands as they will break if dropped on a hard floor.
|Dimensions||Height 7cm x 4.5cm|
|Features||Droplets tumble and bounce to the bottom|