Sensory Weighted Blanket and Cover by Tink n Stink – 10lb (4.5kg)
Weighted blankets are an effective sensory resource. They can help sensory-seeking adults and children calm their body and minds, which can result in a peaceful night’s sleep. The weight exerted by the blanket can help to relieve anxiety, stress and insomnia. Weighted blankets can be useful to those with Autism and other sensory processing disorders by providing calming sensory input. Weighted blankets can be used to relieve and ease melt down situations, whilst at home or in school or sensory room environments.
Weight, Size and Colour
It is generally recommended that weighted blankets should not weigh more than 10% of an individual user’s body weight.
Therefore, this 10lb Tink n Stink Weighted Blanket is recommended for individuals over 100lb (45kg) in weight. The cover provided adds an additional 1.6lb (0.70kg) to the overall weight, so please bear this in mind.
The Blanket measures 41x60” (104x152cm) and comes in 2 colour options – please select using the drop-down box
Tink n Stink Weighted Blankets –
- The weight in the blankets applies pressure to the touch receptors in the body, imparting a soothing and calming effect
- Weighted blankets can ease the symptoms of sensory processing difficulties and can offer a therapeutic, drug free solution
- Can help relieve anxiety and stress, promote relaxation and encourage better sleep
- The weighted blanket can be used on a bed (on top of existing bedding) or is perfect for draping across the shoulders or wrapping around the body for a calming hug effect
- We suggest the weighted blanket is used for short periods of time initially and then increased as needed, under supervision
- The weight is distributed evenly within the individual cells sewn into the fabric
- We use glass beads in our blankets as they make less noise than plastic beads when turning over
- Grey coloured weighted blanket can be used with or without the supplied soft, washable Minky cover.
- The textured, tactile Minky cover is soothing, comforting and calming
- The weighted blanket and the cover have ties which secure one to the other
- The Weighted Blanket is hand washable in cool water and can be line dried
- The Minky cover can be machine washed at a cool temperature and line dried
Please note that our weight recommendations are only a guide. We recommend that you consult your healthcare professional prior to purchase
- Ensure that the head and face are not under the weighted blanket when in use
- Ensure that the user can remove the weighted blanket themselves
- Not recommended for babies, young or small children, or those who are immobile – if in doubt consult your Occupational Therapist or Healthcare Professional
Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet that comes with your weighted blanket. If you have any queries about your weighted blanket, please contact us at Tink n stink within 7 days of receipt of your purchase
|Dimensions||Approximately 104 x 152 cm|
|Features||Glass Bead Filled for Noise Reduction|