Weighted Blanket 7lb (3.2kg) and Cover
- Weighted blanket exerts gentle pressure on the user, which may be of benefit to those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Insomnia, Stress, Anxiety or Restless Leg Syndrome
- Weighted blankets can be used on a bed (over the top of existing bedding) or may be wrapped around the body for a calming hug effect
- Quality glass bead filling for noise reduction when turning over and grid stitching to ensure even weight distribution
- Cotton weighted blanket is supplied with a textured soft Minky fleece cover for additional sensory feedback and comfort. Internal ties keep the cover securely attached to the blanket
- Weighted blanket should not exceed 10% of users body weight, so this 7lb blanket must be used by individuals over 70lb (32kg)
Sensory Weighted Blanket 7lb (3.2kg) and Cover by Tink n Stink
Weighted therapy blanket to naturally reduce stress and promote relaxation
Availability: In stock
Sensory Weighted Blanket and Cover by Tink n Stink – 7lb (3.2kg)
Weighted blankets are an effective sensory resource. They can help sensory-seeking adults and children calm their body and minds, which can result in a peaceful night’s sleep. The weight exerted by the blanket can help to relieve anxiety, stress and insomnia. Weighted blankets can be useful to those with Autism and other sensory processing disorders by providing calming sensory input. Weighted blankets can be used to relieve and ease melt down situations, whilst at home or in school or sensory room environments.
Weight, Size and Colour
It is generally recommended that weighted blankets should not weigh more than 10% of an individual user’s body weight.
Therefore, this 7lb Tink n Stink Weighted Blanket is recommended for individuals over 70lb (32kg) in weight. The cover provided adds an additional 1.6lb (0.70kg) to the overall weight, so please bear this in mind.
The Blanket measures 41x60” (104x152cm) and comes in 2 colour options – please select using the drop-down box
Tink n Stink Weighted Blankets –
- The weight in the blankets applies pressure to the touch receptors in the body, imparting a soothing and calming effect
- Weighted blankets can ease the symptoms of sensory processing difficulties and can offer a therapeutic, drug free solution
- Can help relieve anxiety and stress, promote relaxation and encourage better sleep
- The weighted blanket can be used on a bed (on top of existing bedding) or is perfect for draping across the shoulders or wrapping around the body for a calming hug effect
- We suggest the weighted blanket is used for short periods of time initially and then increased as needed, under supervision
- The weight is distributed evenly within the individual cells sewn into the fabric
- We use glass beads in our blankets as they make less noise than plastic beads when turning over
- Grey coloured weighted blanket can be used with or without the supplied soft, washable Minky cover.
- The textured, tactile Minky cover is soothing, comforting and calming
- The weighted blanket and the cover have ties which secure one to the other
- The Weighted Blanket is hand washable in cool water and can be line dried
- The Minky cover can be machine washed at a cool temperature and line dried
Please note that our weight recommendations are only a guide. We recommend that you consult your healthcare professional prior to purchase
- Ensure that the head and face are not under the weighted blanket when in use
- Ensure that the user can remove the weighted blanket themselves
- Not recommended for babies, young or small children, or those who are immobile – if in doubt consult your Occupational Therapist or Healthcare Professional
Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet that comes with your weighted blanket. If you have any queries about your weighted blanket, please contact us at Tink n stink within 7 days of receipt of your purchase
|Dimensions||Approximately 104 x 152 cm|
|Features||Glass Bead Filled for Noise Reduction|
Shipping & Delivery
The tink 'n' stink team understands that you are eager to recieve your items safely and promptly as soon as possible after plaing your order. To make sure we do this promptly our shipping policy is based on the idea that you as our customer decides a) how long it takes for your item to reach you and b) how much you would like to pay for the service. Here is a brief summary of your choices:
FREE DELIVERY: we operate a free postage and packing service for all orders over £30. This is great value if there are a number of items you'd like to order in one transaction.This can take 3 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep.
Royal Mail: you are able to pay the current Royal Mail Tarrif to choose from 1st or 2nd Class Packages. The price you pay is determined by the weight and size of your item or items. Your order will take 1 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep depending on the service you choose. You can obtain a postage estimate by adding items to your basket and then using the 'my cart' link at the top of the page. Simply type in your post code and we'll work out how much it will cost to physcially deliver the package to your door.
Special Delivery: you are able to pay for Next day and / or tracked delivery services if your order is needed urgently.
International Delivery: we have the experience and ability to ship our products around the world. Please add the products to your cart and use the esitmate shipping box to obtain a postage price. We will either use Royal Mail's international shipping services or a courier depending on what service gives you the best value for money.
All of these options are made available during the checkout process. If you would like a clear idea of the delivery cost before you enter this stage you are able to visit your basket and enter your delivery post code. We will then tell you what services are available and at what cost to you.
Returns & Replacements
We recognise that on occasions you may want to return your goods after you have recieved them. This is absoutely fine. All we ask is that you is adhere to the following guidelines in order to make the return process really easy for you to do:
1. In the first instance, please contact us via telephone 01827 767120 or by email to email@example.com so that we are aware of your request to send something back.
2. Check to make sure that the item has not been altered in any way as we can only accept items that are unused, unopened and undamaged.
3. Complete the returns form which can be found at the bottom of the dispatch note that was enclosed in the envelope with your item. Indicate clearly why you are returing the item.
4. Post your item back to us within 14 days from when your order was dispatched. You can find this date on your 'shipping confirmation' email. Unless an error has been made on our part, we will be unable to refund the return postage you will have paid.
5. Once we have recieved the item, we will ofer you an exchange or full refund in accordance with the item condition and your wishes.