Weighted Lap Pad 5lb (2.3kg)
- Weighted lap pad exerts gentle pressure on the user, which may be of benefit to those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorders, Stress, Anxiety, Dementia or Restless Leg Syndrome
- Calming effect on lap and legs whilst sitting down reduces excessive fidgeting and promotes self-regulation
- Portable weighted therapy - Ideal for classroom, work place, restaurants, dinner table, homework, travelling, reading or watching TV
- Quality glass bead filling, grid stitching to ensure even weight distribution and textured soft Minky fleece and cotton cover for additional sensory feedback and comfort
- Weighted lap pad should not exceed 5% of users body weight, so this 5lb lap pad would suit older children, teenagers and adults
Sensory Weighted Lap Pad 5lb (2.3kg) by Tink n Stink
Weighted therapy lap pad to promote self regulation and improve focus
Availability: In stock
Sensory Weighted Lap Pad by Tink n Stink – 5lb (2.3kg)
Weighted lap pads are an effective sensory resource. They can help sensory-seeking adults and children calm their body when in a seated position, such as at school, work, at the table or whilst travelling. The weight exerted by the lap pad can help individuals to feel more grounded, reduce fidgety behaviour and improve concentration. Weighted lap pads can be useful to those with sensory processing disorders, Autism and ADHD by providing calming sensory input. Weighted lap pads can be a useful addition to a sensory diet plan alongside chew tools and fidget aids
Weight, Size and Colour
It is generally recommended that weighted lap pads should weigh up to 5% of an individual user’s body weight.
Therefore, this 5lb Tink n Stink Weighted Lap Pad is generally suitable for older children, teenagers and adults
The Lap Pad measures 50x60cm and comes in 2 colour options – please select using the drop-down box
Tink n Stink Weighted Lap Pads –
- The weight in the lap pad applies pressure to the touch receptors in the body, imparting a soothing and calming effect whilst in a seated position
- Weighted lap pads can ease the symptoms of sensory processing difficulties such as Autism, ASD, ADHD, Restless Leg Syndrome or Dementia
- Offers a discreet fidget solution for the school or office environment
- Can help relieve anxiety and stress, promote relaxation and improve focus and concentration
- Can help to dispel repetitive behaviours, promotes self-regulation and prevent melt downs
- The weighted lap pad is portable, so ideal for school, travelling, eating out, at the dinner table or watching television
- We suggest the weighted lap pad is used for short periods of time initially and then increased as needed, under supervision
- The weight is distributed evenly within the individual cells sewn into the fabric
- We use glass beads in our lap pads as they make less noise than plastic beads when in use
- The tactile Minky fleece and cotton cover offers varied sensory input
- The Weighted Lap Pad is hand washable in cool water and can be line dried
Please note that our weight recommendations are only a guide. We recommend that you consult your healthcare professional prior to purchase
- Ensure that the user can remove the weighted lap pad themselves
- Not recommended for babies, very young or small children, or those who are immobile – if in doubt consult your Occupational Therapist or Healthcare Professional
Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet that comes with your weighted lap pad. If you have any queries about your weighted lap pad, please contact us at Tink n stink within 7 days of receipt of your purchase
|Dimensions||Approximately 50 x 60 cm|
|Features||Glass Bead Filled for Noise Reduction|
Shipping & Delivery
The tink 'n' stink team understands that you are eager to recieve your items safely and promptly as soon as possible after plaing your order. To make sure we do this promptly our shipping policy is based on the idea that you as our customer decides a) how long it takes for your item to reach you and b) how much you would like to pay for the service. Here is a brief summary of your choices:
FREE DELIVERY: we operate a free postage and packing service for all orders over £30. This is great value if there are a number of items you'd like to order in one transaction.This can take 3 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep.
Royal Mail: you are able to pay the current Royal Mail Tarrif to choose from 1st or 2nd Class Packages. The price you pay is determined by the weight and size of your item or items. Your order will take 1 - 5 days to arrive on your doorstep depending on the service you choose. You can obtain a postage estimate by adding items to your basket and then using the 'my cart' link at the top of the page. Simply type in your post code and we'll work out how much it will cost to physcially deliver the package to your door.
Special Delivery: you are able to pay for Next day and / or tracked delivery services if your order is needed urgently.
International Delivery: we have the experience and ability to ship our products around the world. Please add the products to your cart and use the esitmate shipping box to obtain a postage price. We will either use Royal Mail's international shipping services or a courier depending on what service gives you the best value for money.
All of these options are made available during the checkout process. If you would like a clear idea of the delivery cost before you enter this stage you are able to visit your basket and enter your delivery post code. We will then tell you what services are available and at what cost to you.
Returns & Replacements
We recognise that on occasions you may want to return your goods after you have recieved them. This is absoutely fine. All we ask is that you is adhere to the following guidelines in order to make the return process really easy for you to do:
1. In the first instance, please contact us via telephone 01827 767120 or by email to email@example.com so that we are aware of your request to send something back.
2. Check to make sure that the item has not been altered in any way as we can only accept items that are unused, unopened and undamaged.
3. Complete the returns form which can be found at the bottom of the dispatch note that was enclosed in the envelope with your item. Indicate clearly why you are returing the item.
4. Post your item back to us within 14 days from when your order was dispatched. You can find this date on your 'shipping confirmation' email. Unless an error has been made on our part, we will be unable to refund the return postage you will have paid.
5. Once we have recieved the item, we will ofer you an exchange or full refund in accordance with the item condition and your wishes.